AT A GLANCE
|Dog Friendly||Yes, by prior arrangement*|
|TV & SKY||Yes|
|Hot Tub||Yes. Private to Orchard Barn|
|Elec Car Charger||Yes on site|
* Dogs are by prior arrangement at time of booking
Orchard Barn was originally built for the housing of The Manor's hay and animals hence it's on the edge of its own long meadow in our tiny hamlet. Now it is a warm, inviting and spacious escape. With its own very private 6 seater hot tub with meadow and woodland views and soft lights it's a delightful secluded hideaway! However, there is something for everyone even a wood fired pizza oven for a make your own pizza evening.
Step onto a honey coloured limestone floor which covers the warm underfloor heating and into a dramatic seating area presided over by a double height, oak vaulted roof. An expanse of glass to both north and south allowing the beauty of the countryside around to be part of this relaxing experience. The focal point is a large glass fronted Norwegian Jotul log burner. Fold back the glass front panels to reveal the flames of an open fire giving the delight that only an open fire can - just perfect to settle down in front of after a busy day exploring the Forest of Dean or further afield.
This 26’ long open plan sitting, dining and kitchen area has a sturdy farmhouse table for as many as 10, and all the appliances and gadgets you could want all neatly integrated out of sight: dishwasher, fridge, separate freezer. Gas range and microwave.
Opening out of the kitchen area are the stairs leading to a further en suite bedroom with king-size bed.
Outside there is: parking. lawned garden which is safely enclosed, seating area for BBQ or just chatting with friends. The under 5's have their own play barn too and Young Farmers Club area with Dennis the Dexta Tractor to climb on and chickens to feed, collecting eggs and feeding Carol our rabbit.
KEY COTTAGE FEATURES:
- Master Bedroom en-suite (King bed)
- Bedroom 2 en-suite (King bed)
- Ground floor Bedroom 3 (Twin 3' beds)
- Ground floor Family Bathroom (bath with shower over)
- Fridge - separate integrated under-counter larder fridge
- Freezer - separate integrated under-counter freezer
- Dishwasher - integrated under-counter full size
- Dining table for up to 10
- Real fire: glass fronted log burner
- Underfloor heating
- Wood fired pizza oven available (bookable on site)
- Pre-order Menu available
Included for your stay:
- Soft bath robes and slippers
- Egyptian cotton linen and towels
- Complimentary fibre enabled Wi-Fi
- Sky TV with Sports/movies package
- Heated Games Room with table tennis, air hockey, table football plus board games and children's toys which can be taken to your property
- Kids play area and under 5's play rooms
- Free logs for duration of your stay
- Local produce Welcome Hamper with eggs from our chickens
- Treetop Dining, Woodland Hot Tub (bookable on site) and Spa Treatments (bookable during reservation)
- Private Chefs can be arranged
- Free parking and electric vehicle charging point on site - Rolec Type 2 with 32 amp Universal Mode 3 Socket. Compataible wih all mode 3 vehicles Nissan Leaf / BMWi / Mitsubishi Oulander / Mercedes models and many more
TRAVELING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
All of our properties are heated 24/7. To make your stay less stressful and as comfortable as possible we provide a variety of items for those travelling with children. There is no extra charge for any of the items listed below - please simply request at the time of booking.
For Baby: Moses basket, baby monitor, changing mat, steriliser, nappy bags and baby wipes,
For Toddlers: High-chair, travel cot (please provide your own bedding), Stair-gate(s) as necessary, potty, trainer toilet seat, toilet hop-up, booster seat, non-slip matt for bath, plastic cutlery & plastic plates. night light, bed guard side (only suitable on our single beds), brolly sheet for beds – in case of accidents! (only suitable on our single beds).
Please request on booking. There is no charge for any of the extra items.
AND THE DOG CAN COME TOO!
Why not bring your four-legged friend with you to enjoy the beautiful woodland walks together. Please ask about our planned route maps which are direct from your door.
To make life easier for you and our doggie guests's comfort, we provide the following for your stay: your own private, fenced-in garden to keep your dog safe, a dog bed per dog, water bowl and green towel per dog. There is a red dog poo bin and poo bags provided. Sofa throws and holiday collar tags with our contact details. There are warm water dog washing facilities available on site. We also provide local veterinary contact information.
We have a list of dog friendly pubs and restaurants of which there are many in the local area. The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley is very doggie friendly.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Hear From Our Previous Guests...
Excellent quality accommodation, with everything you could possibly want to ensure a restful stay, located conveniently for travelling to other destinations, no shortage of pubs / restaurants. Recommend highly.
Peter & Melissa, York
Lovely property a real home from home, clean, comfortable, glamorous well thought out décor and touches to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Sarah, Martin and family, Cambridge
Barn was v.comfortable and well equipped and warm. Beds v.good, powerful shower and toiletry items plentiful. Very peaceful and ideal for relaxing. Strongly recommend.
Steve and Davina, Peterborough