AT A GLANCE
|Dog Friendly||Yes, by prior arrangement*|
|TV & SKY||Yes|
|Hot Tub||Yes, private to Stables in garden|
|Laundry Facilities||Yes Washer/Dryer|
|Elec Car Charger||Yes, on site|
* Dogs are by prior arrangement at time of booking. Fees apply.
The Stables is a traditional stone barn which nestles perfectly into the countryside adjacent its own meadow. Inside, the glass fronted woodburning stove and underfloor heating (heats 24/7) from the air source heat pump creates a lovely cosy feeling whilst modern furnishings ensure stylish appeal. This beautifully appointed self catering holiday cottage can comfortably accommodate 6 guests including those with mobility issues, with a groundfloor en suite bedroom, and ground-floor cloakroom. There is a secure garden suitable for children or your dog (by prior arrangement) complete with a hot tub and garden furniture on a paved area. At the top of the garden there is a pedestrian gate to children's play area, chickens and woodland.
Your stay at the Stables includes exclusive of of Stables Hot Tub together with beach towels..
The Stables are ideally suited for family gatherings and celebration of special occasions. With a large solid Oak extending dining-table for up to eight, and the kitchen boasts a gas double oven range and dishwasher. All further complemented by deep settees,
The 27,000 acres of Forest of Dean are just a stone throw, traffic free, stroll away and is a wonderful place to have free-range children.
KEY COTTAGE FEATURES:
- Private 6 seat hot tub - open all year
- Ground floor Master Bedroom (King bed) with en-suite
- Bedroom 2 (Double)
- Bedroom 3 (Twin 3' beds)
- Family Bathroom with bath and shower over
- Fridge - separate integrated under-counter larder fridge
- Freezer - separate integrated under-counter freezer
- Dishwasher - integrated under-counter full size
- Dining table for up to 8
- Real fire: glass fronted log burner - logs included
- Underfloor Heating
- Wood fired pizza oven available (bookable on site)
- Pre-order Menu available
Included for your stay:
- Hot Tub towels
- Soft bath robes and slippers
- Egyptian cotton linen and towels
- Complimentary fibre enabled Wi-Fi
- Sky TV with Sports/movies package
- Heated Games Room with table tennis, air hockey, table football plus board games and children's toys which can be taken to your property
- Kids play area and under 5's play room
- Free logs for duration of your stay
- Local produce Welcome Hamper with eggs from our chickens
- Treetop Dining, Woodland Hot Tub (bookable on site) and Spa Treatments (bookable during reservation)
- Private Chefs can be arranged
- Free parking and electric vehicle charging point on site - Rolec Type 2 with 32 amp Universal Mode 3 Socket. Compataible wih all mode 3 vehicles Nissan Leaf / BMWi / Mitsubishi Oulander / Mercedes models and many more
TRAVELLING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
All of our properties are heated 24/7. To make your stay less stressful and as comfortable as possible we provide a variety of items for those travelling with children. There is no extra charge for any of the items listed below - please simply request at the time of booking.
For Baby: Moses basket, baby monitor, changing mat, steriliser, nappy bags and baby wipes,
For Toddlers: High-chair, travel cot (please provide your own bedding), Stair-gate(s) as necessary, potty, trainer toilet seat, toilet hop-up, booster seat, non-slip matt for bath, plastic cutlery & plastic plates. night light, bed guard side (only suitable on our single beds), brolly sheet for beds – in case of accidents! (only suitable on our single beds).
Please request on booking. There is no charge for any of the extra items.
AND THE DOG CAN COME TOO!
Why not bring your four-legged friend with you to enjoy the beautiful woodland walks together. Please ask about our planned route maps which are direct from your door.
To make life easier for you and our doggie guests's comfort, we provide the following for your stay: your own private, fenced-in garden to keep your dog safe, a dog bed per dog, water bowl and green towel per dog. There is a red dog poo bin and poo bags provided. Sofa throws and holiday collar tags with our contact details. There are warm water dog washing facilities available on site. We also provide local veterinary contact information.
We have a list of dog friendly pubs and restaurants of which there are many in the local area. The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley is very doggie friendly.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Hear From Our Previous Guests...
Excellent quality accommodation, with everything you could possibly want to ensure a restful stay, located conveniently for travelling to other destinations, no shortage of pubs / restaurants. Recommend highly.
Peter & Melissa, York
Lovely property a real home from home, clean, comfortable, glamorous well thought out décor and touches to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Sarah, Martin and family, Cambridge
Barn was v.comfortable and well equipped and warm. Beds v.good, powerful shower and toiletry items plentiful. Very peaceful and ideal for relaxing. Strongly recommend.
Steve and Davina, Peterborough