AT A GLANCE
|Book Direct Here||With the owners|
|Family Room||z bed on request|
|Fast Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 76 Mbps|
|Dog Friendly||Yes, by prior arrangement*|
|Pet Meadow||Great walk and pets run freely|
|TV & SKY||Yes|
|Hot Tub||Yes, Private for The Manor|
|Delightful Grounds||By our Kew trained gardeners|
|Outdoor play area||Yes, selection on site|
|Laundry Facilities||Yes Washer/Dryer|
|Elec Car Charger||Yes, on site|
* Dogs are by prior arrangement at time of booking. Fees apply.
Nothing short of superb this secluded, five star, award winning, 17th century Manor is not only set in its secure gardens but also on the edge of a six acre meadow. Having undergone a comprehensive refurbishment in 2013 it remains one of the finest family accommodations available in the area. A very spacious, warm (heated 24/7) family friendly self catering property which can accommodate two families or one large group with ease. It's lavishly appointed with 21st century comfort. The Aga enlivens the heart of the house in the open plan kitchen/dining, whilst the two sitting rooms with their inglenooks and logburners encourage exchanges of stories of the day's adventures.
Forest Cycle Trails are accessed direct from your door and we provide helpful route maps too.
KEY COTTAGE FEATURES:
- Hot Tub 6/7 seater for private use of The Manor (open all year) with towels
- Master Bedroom en-suite (King bed) additional z bed on request
- Bedroom 2 en-suite (King bed)
- Bedroom 3 (King bed)
- Bedroom 4 (Twin 3' beds)
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 share shower room with wc
- Fridge - separate integrated under-counter larder fridge
- Freezer - separate integrated under-counter freezer
- Dishwasher - integrated under-counter
- Dining table for up to 12
- Real fires x 2: 2 glass fronted log burners
- Fast Wi-Fi
- Secure garden for children and pets
- Pet Meadow Walk - where pets can run and explore
- Wood fired pizza oven available (bookable on site)
- Pre-order menu available
Included for your stay:
- Hot Tub and towels
- Soft bath robes and slippers
- Egyptian cotton linen and towels
- Complimentary fibre enabled Wi-Fi
- Sky TV with Sports/movies package
- Heated Games Room with table tennis, air hockey, table football plus board games and children's toys which can be taken to your property
- Kids play area and under 5's play rooms
- Free logs for duration of your stay
- Local produce Welcome Hamper with eggs from our chickens
- Treetop Dining, Woodland Hot Tub (bookable on site) and Spa Treatments (bookable during reservation)
- Private Chefs can be arranged
- Free parking and electric vehicle charging point on site - Rolec Type 2 with 32 amp Universal Mode 3 Socket. Compataible wih all mode 3 vehicles Nissan Leaf / BMWi / Mitsubishi Oulander / Mercedes models and many more
TRAVELLING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
All of our properties are heated 24/7. To make your stay less stressful and as comfortable as possible we provide a variety of items for those travelling with children. There is no extra charge for any of the items listed below - please simply request at the time of booking.
For Baby: Moses basket, baby monitor, changing mat, steriliser, nappy bags and baby wipes.
For Toddlers: High-chair, travel cot (please provide your own bedding), Stair-gate(s) as necessary, potty, trainer toilet seat, toilet hop-up, booster seat, non-slip matt for bath, plastic cutlery & plastic plates. night light, bed guard side (only suitable on our single beds), brolly sheet for beds – in case of accidents! (only suitable on our single beds).
Please request on booking. There is no charge for any of the extra items.
AND THE DOG CAN COME TOO!
Why not bring your four-legged friend with you to enjoy the beautiful woodland walks together. Please ask about our planned route maps which are direct from your door.
To make life easier for you and our doggie guests's comfort, we provide the following for your stay: your own private, fenced-in garden to keep your dog safe, a dog bed per dog, water bowl and green towel per dog. There is a red dog poo bin and poo bags provided. Sofa throws and holiday collar tags with our contact details. There are warm water dog washing facilities available on site. We also provide local veterinary contact information.
We have a list of dog friendly pubs and restaurants of which there are many in the local area. The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley is very doggie friendly.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Availability & Booking
Hear From Our Previous Guests...
Excellent quality accommodation, with everything you could possibly want to ensure a restful stay, located conveniently for travelling to other destinations, no shortage of pubs / restaurants. Recommend highly.
Peter & Melissa, York
Lovely property a real home from home, clean, comfortable, glamorous well thought out décor and touches to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Sarah, Martin and family, Cambridge
Barn was v.comfortable and well equipped and warm. Beds v.good, powerful shower and toiletry items plentiful. Very peaceful and ideal for relaxing. Strongly recommend.
Steve and Davina, Peterborough