Forest Barn Falconry has expert falconers providing an exhiliarating opportunity to handle and fly Birds of Prey who live with us here on site in our little hamlet of cottages. The falconry experience teaches the basic skills and techniques of this ancient and highly skilled sport. Equipped with jacket and falconer’s glove – both of which are provided by the academy – you will be guided through the essential techniques of working with, flying and feeding these magnificent birds. This is a wonderful experience with a maximum number of four, alternatively book an exclusive family experience.
- A Barn Owl on your fist and taking off to fly free and landing on a nearby post then encouraging the bird to fly back to YOUR gloved fist, what could be more exhiliarating? An experience not to be missed.
For those with an admiration for birds of prey of all descriptions this is an event for you. Adults and children (over 8 years) are welcome to participate in this half-day bird of prey flying experience. Maximum four participants.
- 10.00 am Gather in Falconry Pavilion for Introductions and equipment fit
- Participants and spectators to flying field to fly some of our trained birds of prey to the fist.
- Break for tea/coffee soft drinks, biscuits and a chat about the birds with the lead falconer
- Handling session of birds – this is a fabulous opportunity for photography
- Participants and spectators back to the flying field for more flying
1.30 pm Lunch available with the lead falconer on request
Duration & Cost
Please allow approximately 3.5 hours for this Bird of Prey Experience.
Cost: £85 per participant, includes use of equipment and refreshments.
Spectators welcome £20 per head. Lunch extra.
Other Experience Information
Height restriction – 1.2mtr (4ft)
Age 8 -16 years must be accompanied by a full paying adult (one adult per child)
Birds usually used in this half day are: Kestrel, Barn Owl and Harris Hawk (subject to change).
Hear From Our Previous Guests...
Excellent quality accommodation, with everything you could possibly want to ensure a restful stay, located conveniently for travelling to other destinations, no shortage of pubs / restaurants. Recommend highly.
Peter & Melissa, York
Lovely property a real home from home, clean, comfortable, glamorous well thought out décor and touches to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Sarah, Martin and family, Cambridge
Barn was v.comfortable and well equipped and warm. Beds v.good, powerful shower and toiletry items plentiful. Very peaceful and ideal for relaxing. Strongly recommend.
Steve and Davina, Peterborough